Ladies and Gents, we all know how hard it can be to MAINTAIN clear skin all year. In the summer we get oily skin and breakouts, in the winter our skin is dry and hard (AF) to keep moisturized!
Here are a few simple yet effective remedies for Beyonce FLAWLESS skin all year long!
Carrot Seed Oil
This oil is a MUST HAVE for any beauty closet! Carrot Seed Oil is rich in beta carotene, vitamins A and E and pro-vitamin A. Carrot Seed Oil helps to heal dry, chapped and cracked skin, balances the moisture in skin, and even can be used to condition your hair! This is a great oil for face and even has been known to help to reduce wrinkles! Talk about a MIRACLE OIL!
Carrot seed oil is derived from steam distillation of carrot seeds of the Wild Carrot plant. Its scientific name is Daucus carota.
Carrot seed oil can be diffused, used in direct inhalation, and applied topically. The oil is usually used topically to support healthy skin. However, it should be applied in diluted form in a carrier oil, such as, coconut oil, olive oil, etc.
It is recommended to keep the oil out of reach of children, out of eyes, do no use when pregnant, ALWAYS PERFORM A PATCH TEST, and keep away from pets.
So I know most of you have probably heard of a Turmeric mask being used for a quick glow, but do you really know what’s going on with this magic powder?!
Turmeric has LOADS of benefits for your skin.
- Turmeric powder is packed with antioxidants that slow down cell damage (meaning slowing down aging!)
- Turmeric can be used as an exfoliant to smooth out your skill and shrink pore sizes
- Turmeric helps with inflammatory skin conditions like dry skin, acne, eczema, etc.
- Turmeric helps even out skin tone and get rid of dark marks and acne scars
DIY Turmeric Face Mask!
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp Flour
Apply to face and let dry (usually takes about 15-20 mins) Don’t leave for too long or your face will look yellow lol
Rinse away scrubbing gently then apply your favorite moisturizer! <3
Okay, so I know I’m kind of beating a dead horse here but drinking water is ESSENTIAL to clear skin!! Plus it’s FREE!! Drinking a gallon of water a day will work wonders on your skin!
If it’s hard for you to drink at least a gallon of water a day then try to add a slice of lemon or lime in each cup of water. You can also add cucumber, orange, kiwi, etc.
So what is exfoliation? Exfoliation is a skin-care technique where you remove the dead skin cells from the top of your skin, therefore brightening your complexion. Exfoliating also helps your skin-car products penetrate deeply into your skin.
But be careful ladies because there is such a thing as exfoliating too much.
How often should you exfoliate?
As for specifics on how often you should exfoliate, it depends on your skin type.
- For sensitive skin: You should be extra gentle and exfoliate with a warm, wet washcloth or a mild chemical exfoliant with lower active ingredient percentages once or twice a week, max. Scrubs with beady parts usually just irritate this skin type and should be skipped.
- For oily skin: Your skin has a higher tolerance for the heavy-duty stuff, says Shah, and you can exfoliate up to five times a week. Try a cleansing tool like Clarisonic by morning, and an exfoliating peel or serum by night.
- For normal to combination skin: You can use either of these methods with optimal results up to three times a week.
A few exfoliating tools:
FOREO LUNA mini 2 Facial Cleansing Brush:
ETEREAUTY Facial Brush
Clarisonic NEW Mia Prima
These are my top tips for maintaining BEAUTIFUL skin all year long! Comment below saying if you’ve tried any of these methods and if they’ve worked for you!